To be a member of the Humboldt Independent Business Alliance (HumIBA), all you need is a belief that a strong local independent business community is good for Humboldt County!
HumIBA offers two types of memberships:
Business membership in HumIBA is open to any local business operated by Humboldt area residents with substantial authority to make independent decisions about their business operations.
Associate membership is open to individuals or local organizations interested in supporting the mission and goals of HumIBA.
Click here to become a HumIBA Member.
The most important benefit you will receive as a member of HumIBA is the knowledge that you are supporting an organization that is using a proven tool for positive community development: the support and advocacy for independent business in Humboldt County!
But, of course, we offer specific benefits, as well...
As a member business, you can participate in any of the special member-related activities that we take on through HumIBA.
Promotion of Your Business
HumIBA provides members advantages of cooperation without compromising independence through:
- Discounted group advertising (click for details of current packages!)
- Benefits for customers with shared promotions
- Email lists promoting patronage and consumer awareness
- Instant recognition when you use the HumIBA logo on advertising and in-house displays
- Listing of your business on the HumIBA Web site
- Group purchase power on promotional products under HumIBA logo
Advocacy for All Independent Businesses
We use the strength of our numbers to communicate a strong message of commitment to our community. HumIBA will:
- Increase community awareness of the value of supporting independent, local businesses
- Monitor governmental decision processes with the goal of fairness to, and enhancement of independent businesses
- Promote members’ awareness of relevant issues
- Provide a voice on independent business concerns
- Maintain communication with other community business organizations
- Promote the benefits of locating independent businesses in Humboldt County
Community forums are offered with like-minded individuals and business owners throughout Humboldt County. Opportunities include:
- Round table open discussions
- Brainstorming and building of collaborative marketing efforts
- Sharing of common experiences, challenges and strengths of other independent businesses
- HumIBA-sponsored media and public relations training
Involvement in HumIBA
Participation in HumIBA gives you opportunities to:
- Take part in the development of projects and activities that promote the ideals of HumIBA.
- Work with members of other alliances throughout the United States.
Associate members learn more about locally-owned, independent businesses and receive discount opportunities from HumIBA Business Members.
Your membership will help HumIBA advocate for Independent Businesses by:
- Increasing community awareness of the value of supporting independent, local businesses
- Monitoring governmental decision processes with the goal of fairness to, and enhancement of, independent businesses
- Promoting community awareness of relevant issues
- Maintaining communication with other community business organizations
- Promoting the benefits of locating independent businesses in the Humboldt area
Your membership in HumIBA allows you to attend and participate in:
- Community forums offered with like-minded individuals and business owners throughout Humboldt County
- The development of specific goals through advisory committees and community activities which promote the ideals of HumIBA
As an Associate Member you will be afforded these resources:
- Regular communications emailed to both Business and Associate Members include discount opportunities offered by Business Members.
- A membership card will be issued to you so that you can take advantage of HumIBA Business Member offers.
- You will receive a copy of Local Options: the Independent Business Directory for Humboldt County.